This is a light and easy to make recipe inspired by Ayurvedic cooking technique. It’s a great side dish or a light lunch option. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need to make this recipe.
1 pound chopped Spinach
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 small green chilies (optional)
1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon curry powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon Olive oil
½ Cup water
- Heat a medium size pan for 1 minute on high heat
- Add oil
- Add cumin seeds and let splutter for a minute
- Add garlic and sauté till light brown then add green chilies
- Add potatoes, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ cup water and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until potatoes are halfway cooked.
- Add spinach, curry powder, and turmeric, then mix it all well and cook for about 10 minutes on medium to low heat. Keep stirring every 2-3 minutes. At this point, you should be smelling the aroma of spices and toasted cumin seeds along with garlic.
- After 10 minutes, the spinach and potatoes should be completely cooked.